Hitting Tahoe for the weekend? Biking the Golden Gate? Or maybe you’ve got plans to watch the sunset from the top of Mt. Tam? Don’t hoard all those beautiful moments to yourself, not when you can capture them with a GoPro Hero3+ camera!
Most of us have had a GoPro camera on our wishlists for awhile. But all that technology costs a big chunk of change, even at Basement prices. We get that! So we’re trying something new at our Presidio store – we’re letting you try out a GoPro Hero3+ Silver Edition camera for up to 12 days!
Your GoPro hero3+ Silver comes with an 8GB Class 4 SD card (that’s over an hour of 1080p video). Rental bikes come with GoPro bike mounts.
SB also sells 16GB and 32GB cards, as well as many types of GoPro mounts.
1 day – $35
2 to 5 days – $60
6 to 12 days – $95
Like all our demos, these fees can be applied towards the purchase of your very own, brand new GoPro camera (within 90 days of your original demo)!
Winter doesn’t end ’til March 20, but we kinda totally forgot that little factoid and marked down a ton of our winter gear. Oops. Too late to turn back now! Snow apparel all over our stores (from men’s and women’s to kids and back again) is marked down 20% to 40%! We even have entire racks of ski jackets priced at just $75. No kidding.
And who knows, maybe that massive cold front on the East Coast will blow a little snow our way, and you’ll get to take that brand new ski jacket out for a test run sooner rather than later!
Your dreams are filled with fresh, fluffy snowdrifts and picture-perfect groomers, and the chill Bay Area wind seems to call you to Tahoe as you open the door to go to work every morning. The week feels ten times longer than usual, but Friday is finally here – thing is, you know that every other cubicle-dweller is having the same thought. Nothing crushes your ski dreams like planning for the trip, right?
We’re here to prop those crushed ski dreams back up, dust them off and send them traipsing merrily through your mind again. Here’s everything you need to make the journey to Tahoe (and the slow, exhausted Sunday return) nearly as magical as the destination itself.
The gifts are all but wrapped (well, at least the shopping list is mostly finished), so there’s just one pesky little tradition left over – those stockings over the
radiator fireplace and what to stuff inside of them! Luckily, here at the Basement we’re all about making your life easier, so we humbly present our annual Stocking Stuffer ‘Stravaganza, featuring no less than 15 ideas for you to riff off of!
1. Stance “Pink is Punk” socks in awesome pink leopard print. Stance is giving a percentage of each sale back to Keep A Breast benefitting breast cancer research. Buy a pair, save a pair. SB price: $13, compare at $15.
2. Metolius climbing chalk. Know a climber? He will never ever ever have enough climbing chalk. Not ever. SB price: $1.49.
3. Yurbuds Inspire headphones. Make the runner in your family praise you to high heaven, cause these earbuds really won’t fall out! Especially effective when paired with an iTunes gift card. SB price: $27, compare at $30.
4. GSI Ultralite Java Drip. A drip coffeemaker that literally weighs half an ounce. For the coffee-lover who’s (really) on the go. SB price: $8.50, compare at $9.95.
5. Sports Basement gift card. When all else fails, give ‘em something you’d like to get!
6. Acorn Kid’s Gator Bootie. Do you really need a reason to get these? I’m buying them, and I don’t even have kids. So adorable. SB price: $25, compare at $30.
7. GU 8-pack in salted caramel. It has a yeti on the package! Thematic! (Also delicious.) SB price: $9.50.
8. Nike Elite basketball socks. According to my (usually awesome) boss, these are “all the rage with the kids these days”. Catch ‘em while they’re hot! SB price: $14.
9. Hand warmers: “Dad, why’d you give me handwarmers? My hands aren’t cold.” “They will be when you’re on the slopes!” ::cue tears of joy:: SB price: $1.30.
10. Bula Treya Earmuffs. They fold up so you can fit ‘em into a purse! Guys, this is when you ask her to come with you to the next Sharks game. SB price: $18, compare at $20.
11. J/Fit 2lb weight. For that look of confusion when they realize that all that weight in their stocking is literally just a weight. Be sure to pair with something awesome, like maybe number 5 up there? SB price: $4, compare at $5.
12. Knog Frog Strobe bike light twinpack. Nothing says “I really, really don’t want you to die” like a pair of bike lights. SB price: $23, compare at $27.95.
13. TCHO Cheer! Artisan chocolate sampler. Classier than that box of snowman-shaped Peeps. Also tastes delicious paired with a box of snowman-shaped Peeps. SB price: $14.
14. New Era pom-pom beanies. A’s, Giants, Raiders, 49ers and Sharks! We’ve got skull-hugging head warmers for every fan in the Bay, in both kid’s and adult sizes. Also great for hiding tickets in. SB price: $15-18, compare at $17-20.
15. Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap in Lavender. Best smelling soap ever. And it has 18 different uses, according to the label. Beyond “soap” I’m not exactly certain what they may be. Shampoo? Toothpaste? Perfume? Windshield wiper fluid? Probably not that last one. SB price: $3.
Walk into any of our snow shops and the aroma of freshly melted wax wafts you away to winter wonderland. Not your style? That’s cool. Try this one on for size: stomp by any of our snow shops and the spray of sparks shoots you off to the half pipes of Heavenly. Feelin’ it?