Join the SB Team!
There’s something special happening at our stores and we’re always looking for great people to join the Sports Basement team.
Now hiring for our new Berkeley Store!
Sports Basement Berkeley is now open and we are accepting applications for all levels and all schedules. From college students who can only work nights and weekends to those wanting to make a full-time career with Sports Basement, we want you to apply.
Here are the specific departments/skills we’re looking for:
- Ski/Snowboard Sales
- Ski/Snowboard Rentals
- Winter Apparel
- Running Footwear and Apparel
- Street/Fitness Apparel
- Bike Mechanics
- Bike Floor/Sales
- Team Sports (Lead position available)
- Backcountry Hardgoods and Apparel
IMPORTANT: Please read these instructions before downloading the application. To make sure your answers are saved in the PDF, either
- Save the application PDF to your desktop, open in Adobe Reader/Acrobat, fill out the form, and save; or
- Open the PDF in your web browser, fill out the form, then Print to PDF. If you don’t see form fields in the PDF, right-click to save the PDF to your computer instead of viewing it in your web browser.
Then re-open your saved file to make sure your answers were saved.
Email your application to email@example.com and include which department(s) you want to work in in the subject line. Applications with specific departments listed are more likely to be reviewed than those that list “general.”
Download our online application HERE.
See below to learn more about joining the SB team or jobs at other stores.
Sports Basement offers a fun, challenging work environment that allows you to share your love of the outdoors with customers and co-workers. We’re an entrepreneurial company with plenty of ways to grow and build a career. We also provide an outstanding list of benefits to staff so they can lead healthy, active, fun lives:
- Full health, dental, and optical coverage (full-time staff)
- Participation in our profit-sharing bonus pool (full-time staff)
- 40% off our already low prices… for life (you keep your employee discount when you work more than a year full-time and leave in good standing)
- A kitchen fully stocked with free, tasty, healthy food for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner
- A free flight every time you work the equivalent of one full year
- Free skiing, camping, and biking trips with our “Out of the Basement” program
- Free use of our rental gear
- Up to $1,000 per year in event and race fee reimbursements
- 401(k) plan
- Stock options program (full-time staff)
What we’re looking for
No matter what the job, we’re looking for dependable staff that hustle and work well with customers and co-workers. Preference is given to those who can work weekends and evenings. To apply, just come visit the store you’d like to work at and fill out an application.
Berkeley: Now hiring for all positions! See announcement above.
Campbell: General Store Staff, Footwear, Rentals, Snow Hardgoods, Softgoods, Shop and Rentals, Bike Floor Staff, Kids
Sunnyvale: Bike Mechanic, Bike Floor Staff, POS, Snow Hardgoods, Softgoods and Rentals
Bryant Street (SF): Snow Hardgoods, Softgoods and Rentals, Bike Mechanics, Bike Floor Staff, POS/Nutrition
Presidio (SF): Running Shoes, Men’s Fitness, POS, Winter Backcountry Hardgoods, Winter Backcountry Softgoods
Walnut Creek: Store Staff, Snow Hardgoods, Softgoods, Shop and Rentals, Bike Intake/Floor Lead
Corporate roles: Buying, facilities, warehouse, truck driver. Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re always looking for great General Store Staff at all locations. Please visit our stores to fill out an application for any of the positions above.
Posted on 3/1/2010 in All Stores, Inside the Basement | Tags: Careers, Employment, Jobs | Comments (0)